Parade float or group of walkers entries must be decorated/costumed in the 2023 Festival theme — “Television’s Days Gone By” to qualify for judging and prizes.
All walkers must be 6 years old or older. Younger children can safely ride on floats or be pushed/pulled in strollers or wagons accompanied by an adult. For safety, please make sure walkers maintain a safe distance away from vehicles and floats at all times.
Float entries may be a hayrack, flatbed trailer, utility trailer, golf cart or Gator.
· Vehicles decorated as floats or pulling a float MUST have a licensed driver over the age of 18.
· No off-loading of float riders will be permitted anywhere along the parade route.
· Please be aware of low-hanging power lines when building your float.
· Maximum speed during parade will be 3 MPH to allow walkers a safe speed.
Entries must keep their unit moving along the parade route and maintain a safe distance between their unit and the entry in front of them.
No candy, confetti or toys may be thrown. Candy or toys may be distributed as follows:
· If you have candy or other items to pass out, you may have someone from your group walking, directly handing out items. This procedure prevents children or spectators from coming into the parade travel area, increasing the risk of getting hit or injured.
· Walkers must be a minimum of 5 feet away from an entry when distributing items.
Animal units are required to have their own cleanup system and/or crew.
No inflammatory, negative, or profane language, messaging, or music.
No alcoholic beverages will be permitted in the Parade. Any entry found with any alcoholic beverage will be removed from Parade immediately.
Floats and costumes should be appropriately family friendly.
ATVs may be driven in the parade; however, they are allowed in town one hour before parade and must be at parade line-up. ATV’s must leave town within 30 minutes of the parade and ARE NOT allowed to be driving around on streets except to go in and out of town.
Step off from the corner of Maple and 5th Streets, travel Maple Street to First Street, turn right on First Street, travel First Street to Race Street, turn right on Race Street, travel Race Street around the park to the end of the parade near the Bandstand (corner of Vine Street and 7th Street)
Our site will be updated as additional plans are confirmed.